Active Harmonic Filter operation mode
The filter can operate in three modes: reactive power compensation (improvement of cos ϕ), preference for improving cos ϕ in relation to the reduction of harmonics, reduction of harmonics.
Due to the high speed of operation and very short reaction time, the filter will also be used for fast-changing loads, such as welding equipment and electric motors of lifts and hoists. All parameters and operating modes can be easily configured from any PC via MODBUS/GPRS communication.
The device has protection against temperature rise and overload. On the front panel there is an emergency switch that completely cuts off the filter.
The filter achieved an energy efficiency of 97.5%. This is due to the use of a 3-level
iGBT module topology. Additional benefits thanks to 3-level topology:
- reduce emitted noise
- extend the life of capacitors by reducing current surges
- reduce the heat sink, and thus the weight and dimensions of the device.
- full compensation of reactive power up to 7 kVAr or up to 14 kVAr, i.e. no additional charge for reactive power
- energy saving – reducing phase and neutral currents
- increase in the lifetime of powered equipment and reduction of its failure rate
- compliance with current standards for harmonic emissions
- quick return on investment